Senior UX Architect, UX Lead
User Experience Professional, Information Architect, and Interaction Designer. Deliver Usable, Useful and Desirable experiences via user research, iterating concepts, prototyping, and testing with users. Align teams, and clarify communication by working with customers, business stakeholders and developers. Solve problems and reduce research costs with remote research, alternate analytical methods. Promote user behavior change and conversion through persuasive design. Expertise includes:
McKesson, Alpharetta, GA, 1996-2016
Senior Architect, User Experience/Productivity
2014 – 2016
Ensured ease-of-use, and fit-to-purpose of end-user computing solutions and services for 90,000 employees worldwide.
- Pioneered and validated U.S. workforce segmentation model featuring five work-styles, based on employees’ mobility and autonomy. Used the model to drive planning and budgeting on mobility and infrastructure spend.
- Led liaison effort between Work Your Way program and Global Records and Information Management to ensure successful deployment of an easy-to-use productivity suite that complies with legal records obligations.
- Lead UX Architect on the “Work Your Way” program, an initiative to update and renew McKesson work practices, services and infrastructure, through the prisms of mobility and user choice.
- Led UX effort for 2014-15 Proof-of-Concept programs on Office 365 and Google for Work productivity suites.
Senior Information Architect, UX Lead
2006 – 2013
Improved customer satisfaction, reduced support calls and site rework with a program of customer research and User Experience Design. Led user experience and ease-of-use efforts for customer- and employee-facing web sites. Designed interaction flows for web sites and web applications. Led cross-functional teams through the user-centered design process. Created, tested and analyzed design prototypes. Managed user research program, conducted usability studies to maximize the voice of the user in planning and design. Optimized internal and site-search results. Specified and configured content management systems.
- Designed and launched McKesson’s first Customer Portal mobile web site.
- Significantly improved usability and reliability of customer-facing work-orders ($20 million annual revenue stream).
- Dramatically improved problematic login/registration/reset process for a support site with 40,000+ users. Brought dysfunctional registration process from a measured 15-minute average to a measured 2.4 minutes.
- Created and documented faceted search algorithm to improve findability for event content on internal sales portal.
- Initiated and conducted an in-depth qualitative research program with customers to bring their voice to the table, understand their mental model of our services, and bring an understanding of drivers for measured behavior.
New Media Project Manager, Multimedia Specialist
1996 – 2006
Designed, created and maintained database-driven web applications. Assured quality, compatibility, ease-of-use and security of web applications. Technical lead on redesign of McKesson’s customer extranet site. Specified and managed creation of internal web applications. Analyzed and specified purchase of CMS and portal software. Designed and produced modular presentations. Created photographic, animation, interactive, video and web content.
Contract Multimedia Developer, Arresting Images, Duluth, GA
Apr 1996 – Nov 1996
Designed, programmed and produced secure commerce sites, educational software and multimedia presentations for clients such as America Online, Expert Software and Kennerly Music Productions.
Product Manager, DayStar Digital, Flowery Branch, GA
Nov 1994 – Apr 1996
Drove marketing programs for DayStar’s Macintosh upgrade products. Worked with press to ensure high-impact coverage of our line. Created and published digital, online, and paper documentation and marketing materials for DayStar’s products. Wrote press releases, product sheets, ad copy and training materials. Represented DayStar at trade shows.
University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
Bachelor of Arts, Media Arts
Continuing Education (selected)
|Presenting Data and Information||Edward Tufte||May 2000|
|Enterprise Information Architecture||Louis Rosenfeld||Oct 2007|
|“Don’t Make Me Think” – Practical Usability Testing||Steve Krug||Oct 2007|
|Interaction Design||Bruce “Tog” Tognazzini, NN/g||Jun 2008|
|Design for Behavior Change||B. J. Fogg||Sep 2010|
|Getting to “No.” – Not Doing the Right Damn Thing||Enterprise UX||May 2015|
|Your Time in the Enterprise||IxDA Atlanta||Apr 2016|
Atlanta Region Cub Scouts, Pack 650, 2015-2016
ITIL v.3 Foundation, CSME
Information Technology Information Library – vocabulary and practices for planning, providing, improving IT services.
|Axure RP, Visio||Wireframes, Interactive Prototyping and Functional Specifications|
|Morae||Remote and lab usability recording and analysis|
|Adobe Creative Suite||Diagramming, Illustration, Mockup, Presentation, Publishing|
|CrazyEgg, OptimalSort, TreeJack||Click-tracking, Heat maps, Card-sorting, Tree Testing|
|Survey Gizmo, Survey Monkey||Online surveys|
|WebTrends, Google Analytics||Web analytics|